In the last few years we have seen a large influx of many water exercise classes around the world. People of all ages and backgrounds benefit from bringing their workout to the water. Water fitness classes are especially valuable for many people with osteoporosis, arthritis, diabetes and back problems. With more and more people taking advantage of these wonderful fitness programs, more people ask what they should bring to a water fitness class. The must haves for us include water shoes, chlorine resistant swim wear, your Nekdoodle®, a Nekdoodle® gear bag and a bottle of water.
Why Water Shoes:
- Improves traction on the pool floor
- Adds cushion and ankle support
- Improves form
- Improves core engagement
- Adds a little extra resistance
- Protects your feet from injury
- Guards against slips outside of pool
Pro Tip: There are lots of options for water shoes, and you should be sure to try them on before you purchase. Just as with other athletic shoes, the fit and comfort of your foot is paramount to you getting the best workout.
Why Chlorine Resistant Swim Wear:
- Prolonged swim suit fit
- Reduces fading up to 20% more than a standard suit
- Blocks 97.5% of UV radiation
- Swimsuit lasts 4 times longer
- Snag resistant due to being made of more durable materials
Pro Tip: Even with a chlorine resistant swimsuit you should always rinse your swimsuit with cold water as soon as possible after your workout. Don’t put your suit in the dryer (EVER!) and hand wash in cold water with mild soap to ensure that it stays in top shape for the long haul.
Why bring your Nekdoodle®:
- Supports your head and neck
- Use for an aerobic kickboard
- Allows you to float or swim hands free
- Versatile and pliable
- Easy to put on and off (no straps)
- Keeps your ears out of the water
- Can be used in deep or shallow water
- Salt & chlorine resistant
Pro Tip:Use your Nekdoodle® to lay back and relax in the pool when you’ve finished your workout.
Why use a Nekdoodle® gear bag:
- Holds all of your equipment
- Made of durable polyester mesh
- Rinse through mesh makes clean up easy
- Keeps your equipment together and within your reach
Why bring a bottle of water:
- Stay hydrated during a vigorous aquatic program
- Prevent overheating and related problems (muscle cramps, heat exhaustion and heat stroke)
- Control thirst and post-workout hunger
Grab these items and your towel and look up a water fitness class near you! You can feel confident that you are prepared and ready to participate in a great new activity that is sure to bring you enjoyment, fitness and maybe even some new friends.